Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Arrival - June 1st, 2015




I pushed open the door and timidly walked in. I glanced around the room, and my eyes fell on a shelf high above the rest of the stuff. 


Suddenly, one of the dolls who was on the shelf turned her head and saw me. She quickly scuffled down from the shelf and walked across the room to greet me. 

"Hello," she said. "my name is Isadora. What's yours?"

"My name is Anna. Sparkie told me all the dolls lived in this room, and she told me to go in, so here I am." I explained. 


"Ah, I see! Well, follow me, and you can meet everyone else." Isadora told me.

She led me across the room to right under the shelf. She paused near a drawer of shelves and gestured towards it with her plastic hands. 

"This is how we get up and down." Isadora said. 

"I'll show you how it's done. Then you follow. Sound good?"

"Yep."

"Okay then." Isadora ran toward the shelves and jumped, grabbing the red ribbon that hung down from the top of the shelf. 

She climbed to the middle, 

and then grabbed onto one of the things sticking out of the side. 

She climbed it like a ladder. 

Then she took hold of the handle of one of the baskets sitting atop. She swung herself around, and she was on the shelf at last.

All of this had taken only five minutes. I looked down at the toe of my boot nervously and wondered if I could even make that much of a climb. 
"Come on!" Isadora called down to me. "It's not so hard once you get used to it."

I gulped and made my way (slowly) up onto the shelf, without getting hurt.

Then Isadora introduced me to all the dolls.


(From left to right) Isadora, Paige, Elsa, Cat, Malucia (Millie), Scarlet, and Tylie.

"Hi everyone," I said, waving. "It's a pleasure to meet you all." 
"Welcome!" everyone said in unison. 

We all chatted, getting to know one-another. Everyone except Cat. 

She just sat down at the far end of the shelf and stared off into the distance. She seemed a little...well...sad. I hoped I could get to know her better, and maybe help her solve whatever problem she was having. 

Well, that's the story of my arrival at Sparkie's Shelf! Thanks for reading my first official post! 

~Anna

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have the potential for some great new friendships! I hope you're able to break through to Cat. :)

    Meg <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm delighted you want to comment!
Just please don't take the Lord's name in vain, curse, or be rude. I check all my comments, and if I find your comment contains any of these things, I'll ask Sparkie to delete the comment.